Help and information:
This site use a 'cookie' to hold a unique identity number that, when set, allows you to see and use certain parts of the site. This cookie is then destroyed once you close down your browser. No information that can identify you personally is set or held by this cookie.
Gaining access to the shared files and sharing files
To be able to download the files shared by others and, indeed, to share files yourself you must be registered with NGfL Cymru as this site is hosted and managed by them. Please visit the registration page where there is a simple form to complete. Once successfully registered with an active account, you will be able to share and download resources from the Rhannu site.
To be able to share you must be logged in.
To ensure that your resource is placed in the correct location on Rhannu, you first have to navigate to the page where you would like your resource to appear. If a suitable location is not available on site, then please contact us letting us know what subject is missing.
When you are on the page where you would like your resource to appear, click on the 'Share a resource' button.
You will then be asked to fill in the following fields:
- Title of Resource: This will form the link to your resource in the page listing. Make it as descriptive as possible and avoid using titles such as 'Unit 1'. Instead try 'Unit 1 : Introduction to working with children'.
- Course: Please enter the official course name, if there is one. If not, please leave blank.
- Unit: Please enter the unit name, if there is one. If not, please leave blank.
- Examining board: Please select the examining board. If the board is not listed, or if there is not one, then please select 'None / Other'.
- Description of resource: Enter a reasonably detailed description of your resource. This will help other people understand what your resource is about.
- Language: Please select what language your resource is presented in.
Once you have completed the form, click on 'Submit resource details'.
The next page will summarise the details of your resource. You now have the opportunity to upload all files associated with your resource.
Firstly, click on the 'Browse' button, which will allow you to locate a file on your computer.
Click on the appropriate file and then click 'Open'.
You will then return to the file upload page, with the file field completed with the details of your chosen file.
Finally, click on the 'Upload this file' button. Depending on the size of your file, this should only take a moment or two to upload it to the server.
Once uploaded, you will be presented with the details of your resource again, the file upload form, a list of the file(s) you have uploaded so far and, at the bottom of the page, an 'Add this resource to Rhannu' button.
If you have more files to upload for this resource, please repeat steps 5 to 8.
If you have uploaded all the files associated with this resource, then click on the 'Add this resource to Rhannu' button.
You will then be returned to your original page. Your resource will not normally appear immediately, but will take about 30 minutes before it is listed.